My Name is Queena & I’m a Survivor
Welcome to my website! Over the last several years, I’ve battled some tough obstacles. It hasn’t been easy, but my fight goes on every day, as miracles continue to take place in me.
Many have followed my story over the years and have come to know me as the Bloomingdale Library Survivor. Their prayers, donations and support that have provided so much comfort to my family and me since my life took a different direction in April 2008.
I want to express my thanks to God and my amazing community for so much support, and offer this glimpse into my life to let everyone know how their prayers and support are making a difference in my recovery.
My sister Anna often refers to the quote from the Chaos Theory, “It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world."
I’m on my way to becoming that typhoon! Please share this website with your friends and family. I hope that they too will find inspiration and motivation from my story.
Thank you for visiting and for your continued prayers and support!
View More Videos »
- Joy is of the will which labors, which overcomes
obstacles, which knows triumph.
- William Butler Yeats
- Believe you can and you're halfway there.
- Theodore Roosevelt
- Life isn't ever fair. You'll cry because the time is passing too fast, or the timing was all wrong, but all that matters is being grateful for the moments you get and living them out to the fullest.
- I cannot look into the future. I do not know what is going to happen tomorrow; in fact, I do not know what may happen before night; so I cannot choose for myself as well as God can choose for me, and it is much better to surrender my will to God’s will.
- D.L. Moody
- Community is not just about being together, it's about doing life together.
- Jon Schmidt from "Doing Life Together"
- All things are possible with God.
- Mark 10:27
- Never give up! Where there's life there is hope !
- WIll Brenner
- Family isn't always blood. It's the people in your life who want you in theirs; the ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what.